Saturday, July 23

the perfect picnic


On one of Ollie's rare days off we went on a little picnic
to a beautiful little spot called Wenchford by the Forestry Commission,
called Blakeney Straights by the locals.

There are so many ancient, old oak trees
which throw dappled light onto the little stream
that trickles through leading into a paddling area.
(Don't I sound like brochure).


It's one of those places that I've been going to for years.
From being a tiny little tot running around in my jelly shoes;
to being a gangly child scraping my knee running through the stream;
to a teenager surveying the stream for a geography project!
Now that I'm supposedly an 'adult', my boyfriend is driving me there
and we're going there for romantic picnics.
Adult picnics with Pimms in a can (fabulous invention!)




I was worried that the weather wasn't going to hold out,
however we had a lovely sunny day in the end.
Warm without being too hot; perfect.
I managed to get my pasty legs out,
hopefully they'll start to brown soon!

With any luck Ollie won't be worked to the bone this summer
and we'll be able to have more days like this soon!

1 loves:

Emily said...

Cute outfit :) and YAY PIMMS IN A CAN. Actually, I bought a few of those diet G&Ts in a can, and they were surprisingly yummy. Love that first picture. xo

Post a Comment

 

Template by Web Hosting Reviews