Friday, September 2

home is where the heart is.

Previously I mentioned that I was working on a wall of hearts.
Well here it is, all finished and in all it's glory!
(Yes I do realise I'm missing photos, I'm waiting for the right ones to be taken!)


It all started with the very large white heart. 
What you can't tell it that it's made of very thin pieces of wood that have been shaped!
Mum bought it for me when I started redecorating my room and I popped it on the wall.
But it looked very sad on it's own, so I got the idea to collect a few more!

They all have stories connected to them, 
but I've picked a few of my favourite hearts to show you.


My Grandma bought me this for my birthday this year.
I really like this one as it has little bells and pearls hanging off it.
I also love the script of the word 'love' in the middle!


Mum came home with this little heart as a surprise for me.
She'd picked it up from a trade fair that she was attending,
it's handmade which I think is adorable; the photo doesn't do the detail justice.


I bought this heart myself when Ollie and I were in London.
It's from a little boutique in Covent Garden.
It also helps continue the 'love' theme - I have three hearts with it written on!


Finally this gorgeous frame is from Chez Rose, I was so in love I had to go back!
The frame isn't technically designed to go on the wall,
with with a little determination and string I got it up there!!


My next dilemma is do I stop there?
I've really enjoyed collecting them and remembering the stories of my summer.
Should I fill up the rest of the wall?

1 loves:

Amelia said...

I really adore this :) you take gorgeous photos, so creative! xxx

Post a Comment

 

Template by Web Hosting Reviews