Thursday, September 1

the cure for anything is salt water - sweat, tears, or the sea.

This quote pretty much sums up the holiday.

Some parts were amazing - like going to my favourite beach and spending time with Mum,
whilst others were difficult, like being constantly surrounded by 4 teenage boys
and others were downright hard, like when I got splattered with sand on the beach
(It went in my tea and everything; I burst into tears).

Llangrannog beach at low tide.
 On the Tuesday we visited a beach I've never been to, 
with an amazing Whelsh name - Llangrannog. 
It was so long, and so hot, and so busy. We almost had to sit in the shade(!).
It was down a really, really steep hill 
and we had to get this clapped out minibus down to the seafront.

Adorable houses along the seafront.
Our second beach day was Wednesday.
Pure spur of the moment.
It had been raining all day but suddenly stopped around four.
So we decided to go to Mwnt beach, which is the beach of my childhood.
We've been visiting this same area of Wales for around 9 years now,
so this beach has so many memories
(The most vivid was when we found a dead seagull in the sand!!)

Gorgeous Mwnt Beach from the cliff top.
 The beach is at the bottom of a huge cliff face. 
And this time there was no shuttle service! 
Just a huge number of stone steps, and I tell you,
after going up them for the sixth time I was starting to feel the burn!


We stayed at the beach through the whole of the late afternoon.
As it started to get a bit chillier around 7 o'clock
I went and joined Mum and Nigel who were sat on the cliff.
You see they had the camping stove, so I could have a cup of tea! 

As the evening drew to a close, we witness the most beautiful of sunsets.
And we got to watch the bottlenosed dolphins that this area are reknowed for.
I couldn;t get a photo as they were too fast for the shutter on my camera,
but they were diving beautifully, completely coming out of the water!

What was pretty special was that for the whole hour they were around,
almost everyone on the beach stopped what they were doing and watched.
The whole beach sharing in one magical moment of nature!


All in all we did have a lovely time and I'm glad I went!
But I'm also glad to be back in my bed with phone reception!

Do you and your family camp?
If so, what do you think?
And if not, why not??

0 loves:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Web Hosting Reviews