Tuesday, August 9

lovely london

What with all the madness going on in London at the moment,
I thought now would be a perfect time to show the lovely time
Ollie and I had only a week ago!
You can read about what we had planned here!



sunday, 31st july
Our first day started nice and early for an 8 o'clock bus. Owch.
And then we had a nightmare getting through Victoria station,
with a 55 minute wait for oyster cards.
However, on the other side of this hideous wait
was my wonderful aunt, uncle and two small cousins!
Ollie and I spent the early afternoon babysitting,
but then we were allowed out and into London!!
So we went to....
Covent Garden, hurrah!

I loved all the street entertainment that was going on.
Lots of "human statues" {some better than other}
a VERY grumpy magician,
a comedy duo doing circus acts,
and above - a dog in a basket; something I've never seen!!




We had a mooch around some of the stalls and the independent shops,
we stumbled upon the cutest ice cream parlour called "The Icecreamists"
and between us chose a scoop of 'the vanilla monologues' and 'sex, drugs & choc'n'roll'.
We were worried that being a sunday night,
that we wouldn't have much time before the shops started to close,
but when we left around 8 o'clock everything was still in full swing.
Which was just what we wanted!

monday, 1st august
Monday was the most jam packed day of my life;
river cruise, london eye, yo! sushi lunch, harrods,
bistro pub dinner and a westend show.
And lots and lots of walking!

We had another early start, as we wanted to get our tickets
for the eye and the cruise early because we knew there would be huge queues!
Once we had our tickets we had time to kill until our cruise
so we walked along the embankment next to the Thames.


Along the embankment they had a festival
celebrating the 'festival of Britian'.
Ollie and I had our photo taken in a little photo booth
and had fun looking at the decorated beach houses that were there.

For our River Cruise, we were given a wonderful air conditioned boat
that even had an on board bar!
Originally I was disappointed it wasn't open topped,
but after seeing them packed on like sardines I changed my mind!
There was a bit where we could go outside,
and we took a few photos with the London Bridge,
but soon retreated back to the cool!



Straight after we started queuing for the London Eye
as we expected a long wait, but were pleasantly surprised
that we got put in the short queue! Amazing!
I've been on the Eye before, but it was Ollie's first.
But the experience is always amazing.
I find it interesting to realise that everything in London is so close
because you can often feel detached when you're on and off the tube.
Plus the views are amazing!


Next up in our busy day was a trip to Harrods,
my favourite part is the food courts - especially the chocolate displays.
I've been to Harrods once before, but this time
we discovered rooms that I didn't before.
Like the technology room - which was Ollie's heaven.
And also the chocolate bar, where we had the nicest hot chocolate ever!!


Finally in our jam packed day was a trip to the theatre
to see wonderful show Wicked.
I didn't have any idea what the plot was about,
which was really rather nice as everything was a surprise!
The whole show was so well acted, and the singing impeccable.
And the end the audience gave them a standing ovation.
It also brought me to tears; I definitely welled up!
When we finally got home, we'd been out of the house
for over 14 hours.
Safe to say we collapsed in bed!

tuesday, 2nd august
Our last day in London had been left to do the things
we came up with during our stay.
We went to Westfield shopping center
with my aunt and it was like another world!
So many gorgeous shops - it has the only ugg shop in the UK!


Next up we went to the National History Museum
to visit the dinosaurs as Ollie has wanted to go since he was small.
I remember the exhibit when I was little,
they all seemed bigger, but that's probably because I was smaller!!



Our final stop was a trip to tea room 'Bea's of Bloomsburys'

which I had been eagarly awaiting the whole time.
And I wasn't disappointed.
For my tea I chose 'Earl Grey Supreme' which knocked my socks off
and we enjoyed the lightest scones I've ever tasted,
homemade lemon marshmallow,
raspberry meringue, tiny brownies,
and two beautiful cupcakes there were literally works of art!
After this we had a mad sprint to the bus station to catch the bus home
as the tubes had huge delays on them; stupid London tubes.
But we made it!
Even though London is rioting now, it is a beautiful city
full of culture and history.
It makes me sad that people would seek to destroy it.
But this won't stop me going back, I'm in love with London too much!

0 loves:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Web Hosting Reviews